In Minecraft, players often search for strongholds to find and open a portal to the end, but there are more than a few strongholds in a standard world for players to find.
Although they generate differently between Minecraft: Java Edition and Bedrock Edition, players can find at least 128 strongholds in a given world, which means that there is ample opportunity to find not only one stronghold, but several depending on positioning.
In addition to end portals, fortresses have plenty of prey to go around, making the player’s search for them all worth it. Even though the players have already found their way to the end.
Minecraft: How strongholds are generated in Java and Berggrund versions
Depending on which version of Minecraft is played, the generation’s procedure and location for strongholds is somewhat different.
In Java Edition, default worlds generate 128 strongholds in random coordinates within designated annular areas on the map. There are a total of eight rings, with the central radius located at the coordinates X = 0, Z = 0.
The range of the rings and the number of strongholds within them are as follows:
- The first ring will have three strongholds and is located between 1,280 to 2,816 blocks from the center.
- The second ring houses six strongholds and is located between 4,352 to 5,888 blocks from the center.
- The third ring contains ten strongholds and is located between 7,424 to 8,960 blocks from the center.
- The fourth ring has 15 strongholds and is located between 10,496 and 12,032 blocks from the center.
- The fifth ring has 21 fortresses and is located between 13,568 to 15,104 blocks from the center.
- The sixth ring contains 28 strongholds and is located between 16,640 to 18,176 blocks from the center.
- The seventh ring has 36 strongholds within 19,712 to 21,248 blocks from the center.
- The eighth ring is the last ring and is located between 22,784 to 24,320 blocks from the center and contains nine strongholds.
In Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, strongholds effectively generate randomly. The distances that these strongholds can generate are not fixed and they can even be found above ground, underwater and even below villages.
Because there is no set distance to high castle generation in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, they can even overlap occasionally. Since the algorithm generates random castles in the bedrock, there are actually an infinite number of potential strongholds.
Some players have even reportedly discovered strongholds generating in the distant lands on the fringes of a Minecraft world’s borders.
Subscribe to the Sportskeeda Minecraft YouTube channel for the latest Minecraft videos!