“We are certainly not going to have a situation where you can go to races on Saturday, but you can not go to church on Sunday and still could not be clipped on Monday,” Perrottet told Herald.
The 15,000 crowds would follow one person per. Two square meters outdoors and one person per. Four square feet indoors, according to government sources familiar with the plan.
The NSW government has not yet taken a position on the proposal, but Deputy Prime Minister John Barilaro warned on Thursday that the event could be subject to restrictions.
“Everest will run on that date if the state has opened under the 70 percent road map. The capacity is currently 5,000 people, ”he said.
“Although people can apply for exemptions, I have to be honest, but I do not think it would be appropriate at a very early stage of the 70 percent timetable.
“Does it fall before or after The Everest? We do not know, and the organizers of The Everest will have to take into account that they may be running The Everest under today’s conditions. ”
The race last year went on with a crowd of around 11,000 after receiving an exception, along with other major events, including the musical Hamilton.
Everest is expected to be the state’s first major event since Sydney was locked down in late June.
ATC CEO Jamie Barkley said last week that the body was planning “more scenarios” regarding the number of spectators ahead of the Spring Racing Carnival.
High government sources indicated they would soon likely make more proposals from more sports codes as Sydney returns from lockdown. The Matilda football team will play America on 27 and 30 November in Sydney.
The Morning Edition newsletter is our guide to today’s most important and interesting stories, analyzes and insights. sign up here.