Vancouver police are warning the public about a high-risk sex offender living in Vancouver.
Skylar Wayne Pelletier, who has been convicted of sexual assault, burglary and burglary and assault, is considered a high-risk sex offender, according to the Vancouver Police Department. He is currently serving a five-year probation order and will reside in Vancouver after his jail term ends.
The now 21-year-old was convicted in 2019 as an adult of a sexual assault in 2016 when he was 16. He broke into a bedroom and sexually assaulted a 48-year-old woman. While at the Burnaby Youth Custody Services Center, he was involved in 130 incidents, including physical violence and public masturbation.
Police note that Pelletier “poses a significant risk to women in the community.”
As part of his order:
- he may not consume, buy or possess alcohol;
- he may not consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescription drugs
- he cannot associate with the victim or members of the victim’s family
- he cannot associate with anyone believed to be involved in criminal activity or drug abuse;
He must also report all contact with women to his probation officer and live at a facility such as a local probation center or local housing facility.
Anyone who sees him breaking these terms, please call 911.
Pelletier is described as standing 6’2 “with a medium build weighing about 165 lbs. He has short black hair and brown eyes.
– with files from Cornelia Naylor