Hollywood Burger’s long-awaited West Hollywood location is now open. The prominent Hollywood Boulevard casual dining spot, located opposite the Pantages Theater, has expanded westward after more than two years of waiting, bringing the same menu of burgers, hot dogs, tots and breakfast items from burritos down. Like this original, this one moves in around the clock (8am to 8pm) and even has its own patio in front, right along the main drag in West Hollywood. Hollywood Burger replaces the former tenant at 8807 Santa Monica Boulevard, George’s Greek Grill.
In other news:
- El Carmen celebrates Mexican Independence Day this week with mariachis, tacos and lots of margaritas. Check out West Third Street Staples from 5pm to 2pm on September 16th.
- As it turns out, Bangin ‘Buns’ expansion plan is too late funded by none other than Ike’s Sandwiches. The partnership plan means more than a dozen total locations across California and Arizona by the end of next year.
- The latest La Morra collaboration is here, and boy is it a doozy. The popular pizza makers have partnered with Italian sandwich specialists Ggiata to swap recipes (Ggiata turns a popular La Morra pizza into a sandwich, and La Morra makes a pizza out of one of Ggiata’s menu items) for a while and to seal the deal both parties will be involved in a street festival at the Ggiata venue on Melrose and Western this weekend. Details below.
- Hyde Sunset Kitchen + Cocktails reopens after a long hiatus, reports LA Weekly, with plans to unveil a new look, menu and drinks from Yael Vengroff on September 17th.
- Orange County grill restaurant Wholly Smokes in La Palma is facing eviction, Fox 11 reports as part of an ongoing dispute with its landlord during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Chef Wes Avila has started making dinner Friday and Saturday nights at his Chinatown store Angry Egret Dinette. He’s also back to making tacos on the normal, as part of a new rotating menu that runs every Thursday.
- The platform’s pop-up food series continues in Culver City this month, with food from VZLA Arepas, Naemo and Flatpoint Barbecue running throughout the rest of September.